Saturday, February 10, 2007

FreeMind

I ran across a piece of Free/Open Source software on the internet that I really like. It's called FreeMind and it's advertised as Mind Mapping software. I generated a kind of revolving daily reminder/to-do list in about a minute to show what it looks like.



This is useful for me in my work, when I have about 50 projects hanging open all the time in various states of completion. It allows you to show and hide heirarchies, add icons, insert pictures and hyperlinks, and all the cool stuff you'd expect from a well thought out organizational tool.

If you're interested in checking it out, FreeMind can be downloaded from its SourceForge site. (You'll have to install Java if you don't have it. There are directions at the SourceForge site.)

1 comment:

Rachel said...

What...??? No new posts today?? Actually working? :) I love you!